What are the most common sports injuries treated by our podiatrists?
- Plantar Fasciitis / Heel Spur Syndrome / Heel Pain
- Shin Splints
- Achillies Tendonitis
- Ankle Sprain
- Fractues and Stress Fractures
- Metatarsalgia (sesamoiditis, capsulitis, plantar plate tears)
- Posterior Tibial Tendon Dysfunction
- Paediatric sporting injuries including Sever's, Kohler's and Osgood-Schlatter's diseases
What can cause sporting injuries?
- Inappropriate training methods
- Biomechanical isses including impaired foot function
- Inappropriate footwear
- Tripping, falling and collisions with other players whilst playing your sport
- Overuse or repetative strain syndromes
What are the signs and symptoms of sports injuries?
- Pain and discomfort
- Reduced range of motion and reduced function
- Impaired sporting performance
What are treatment options for sports injuries?
- Rehabilitiation (Stretching, Strengthening Excercises)
- Modification of training methods and sporting techniques
- strapping / splining / padding / casting
- Footwear advice
- orthoses (custom and modified off the shelf depending on the case)
- Ultrasound, Massage, Interferential / Tens,
We work very closely and in conjunction with Physiotherapists, Chiropractors, Myotherapists, Massage Therapists, trainers, coaches and the like to provide a wholistic approach to the sporting injury. We can also order X-rays and ultrasoud examinations if appropriate.